Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Two are better than one

Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. 
Ecc. 4:9NKJV
Probably one of the most joyous times of being a parent,at least for me, has been watching my own children become parents for the first time.  Yesterday on March 13, 2012, we welcomed our sixth grandchild, Julian Irah Nelson, into the fold.  It was as exciting to me as adding our first grandchild when I watched my son and his wife welcome thier first child.

My son, Justin and his wife Abby, have known each other since they were 15 years old.  It really is a love story they will be able to share with their little boy one day.  They have had their shares of bumps in the road as they have gone along but they have really been steadfast in thier love towards one another and the commitment they have made to each other.  It has been such a pleasure to watch them as they have grown up from their teens into their twenties, getting married and now adding their first little one.  They have done things on their terms and their way, and that has been an important part of their marriage.  I have no doubt in raising Julian, they will do the same.  They work very well as a team, each having their own strengths that they add to their family. 
My son and his wife are going to be wonderful parents, this will add a depth to their lives like they have never known.  My heart is full! 

Lord, I am so thankful for all you have blessed us with and I pray that as Justin and Abby walk into this new role as parents, that Your hand will guide them every step of the way.  Thank you for Your daily love and care and for Your provision in our lives.  To God be the glory, great things He has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment